Day #5: The Road to Milford Sound

All of you probably know how much I love my coffee... Well this morning I was un-caffeinated and extremely thankful that our camper was equipped with a cooktop so Tyler could heat up water for the instant coffee that I remembered to pack! We enjoyed our cups right alongside our final views of Mt Cook.



Today was mainly a travel day (7 hours to Milford Sound) but we obviously managed to fit in a few small, unplanned adventures. There are scenic pull-offs, photo opps and picnic areas around every corner so make sure you aren't on a tight schedule to get from one city to another when you come to visit! 



The two major food groups of the day were our new favorite chips (pictured below) and burgers from the infamous Fergburger in Queenstown. We were warned that the line would extend down the block, and it most definitely did, but after several recommendations, we couldn't miss it! It was the perfect stop before the rest of the drive to Milford Sound.





I'm so excited to get back to Queenstown in a few days so we can explore a bit more. I think if you mixed the best of Denver with San Francisco, you would come up with Queenstown! 

It wouldn't be a true adventure with the Bowman brothers if we didn't pull over for a quick photo but end up taking videos of them jumping off cliffs instead... 

Just to be clear, Annie and I did not encourage this endeavor. 



We filled up for gas in Te Anau (the last town before Milford Sound) and once again, the scenery has blown our minds.



Comments from the pimped-out campervans from the last two hours have included, but are definitely not limited to: 

•"I can't believe this is real life."
•"In the last 15 seconds I have seen more waterfalls than I've seen in the last 27 years"
•"Where is everyone? Every single person on the planet should be experiencing this right now."
•"I'm in my traveler's element right now. I'm never leaving. I will live under that rock if I have to."
•"If anyone ever asks me where they should travel, I'm telling them Milford Sound."

My brain is mush right now. I can't formulate words for what we have just driven through so I will leave you with a few more pictures and say goodnight! I feel like I have already said this multiple times on this trip but seriously... the pictures do not even show a tenth of the size or beauty of this place!

Check out how tiny Tyler, Jordan and the campervans are in comparison to the cliffs and waterfalls:






XOXO
Elissa







Comments